Want to win an extraordinary foodie experience in the Lockyer Valley?
Picture this: Captain Mike from Pterodactyl Helicopters flies you and a friend over the gorgeous Helidon Hills, to Awassi Queensland – a pristine sheep farm. It’s a bespoke fly-drive deal, so another friend can drive your car to Awassi. Captain Mike will then fly them back to base in the chopper and you’ll have your car available to get around while you are exploring in the Lockyer Valley.
Upon arrival at Awassi’s farmgate, expect a day of cheese and lamb indulgence – you’ll be hands-on in the milking parlour and you’ll hand-craft the finest 100% sheep milk cheeses under the watchful eye of cheese-maker Di Piggott. Surrounded by the avocado groves, you will appreciate the natural ambience of the property and the gentle pottering of the Awassi before sitting down to cheese tastings and a delicious Awassi luncheon.
Armed with a cheese take-home and merchandise pack and after your day of cheese-making, head back to Gatton and settle in to your overnight accommodation (including breakfast) at Room Motel, the Lockyer Valley’s newest 4-star motel. Room Motels offer the warmth of country hospitality in a contemporary setting, with 39 thoughtfully designed rooms, restaurant quality food and a range of excellent guest services.
Later that evening, step out to enjoy a four-course dinner at Sage on Hickey with an exclusively-designed menu featuring Lockyer Valley produce. Dinner also includes narration of the produce’s provenance and seasonality by chef Jennifer Barnes. This is truly one of Gatton’s best kept secrets!
Sunday drives marry perfectly with the Lockyer Valley. After breakfast at Room Motel, jump in your car and meander through the Lockyer Valley at your own pace, exploring historic drives, scenic mountain lookouts, fertile farmland and charming roadside stalls.
This incredible prize is worth more than $2000! The full prize list includes:
- One-day Awassi Queensland Cheese-making course for two including a sheep dairy milking experience, cheese tastings, an Awassi luncheon and cheese take-home and merchandise pack;
- A Pterodactyl Helicopters experience;
- Overnight accommodation at Room Motels Gatton including breakfast;
- A four-course dinner at Sage on Hickey with an exclusively-designed menu featuring Lockyer Valley produce, the chef’s narration of the provenance and seasonality of produce, accompanied by wine; and
- A picnic and produce pack from a selection of the best Lockyer Valley producers.
To be in the running, simply enter your details now.