Chocolate beetroot brownie
1. Preheat oven 160oC.
2. Grease a baking tin (20cm x 30cm) with butter, and line base with baking paper.
3. Place freshly cooked (hot) beetroot into a food processor with the chocolate, butter and vanilla. Blend until a smooth consistency, the chocolate and butter will melt and blend due to the hot beetroot.
4. Beat sugar and eggs in a bowl until aerated, fold in the beetroot chocolate mix and then carefully fold in the sifted flour and cocoa, until a smooth batter is formed.
5. Pour into prepared baking tin and bake until risen and set (approx. 25 minutes).
6. Remove from oven, and cool completely in the tin. Tip out brownie and cut into individual.
White chocolate and beetroot mousse
1. Melt butter and chocolate.
2. Add a little water to the gelatine to make a taste.
3. Whip yolks and sugar over heat until thick and creamy.
4. Dissolve gelatine mix into warm yolks with vanilla and rose water.
5. Fold melted chocolate and butter into warm yolks.
6. Fold in the beetroot puree
7. Fold in the whipped cream.
8. Allow to set in refrigerator.
1. Combine butter and sugar in a heavy base saucepan and melt on a low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the juice and beaten eggs to the saucepan. Continue cooking over a low heat while continuously stirring until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Do not allow mixture to boil.
3. Pour mixture into sterilised screw top jars and seal. Allow to cool and then refrigerate to store.