Submit your Regional Flavours stallholder application now
Regional Flavours is back on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 July 2020. Now in its 12th year, the event is Australia’s largest free food festival, attracting more than 85,000 people annually.
Held over two days in Brisbane’s pristine South Bank Parklands, the event features more than 80 stallholders from 13 Queensland growing regions, ready-to-eat food, craft beer, local wine, live music and demonstrations by celebrity chefs and industry experts.
Applications to become a Marketplace stallholder are now open! Make sure you get in quick – we are overwhelmed each year with the amount of applications we receive and unfortunately we cannot accommodate everyone.
Regional Flavours has built a reputation synonymous with quality and we want to provide an exceptional experience to all those that come to visit. This means that our Marketplace needs to have a diverse and interesting range of high-quality products that matches our reputation and keeps visitors coming back in their droves every year!
To achieve this, our Marketplace has a set of selection criteria that has been specifically developed to ensure the integrity of the Regional Flavours vision, while providing exclusive exposure to Queensland food producers, farmers and wineries.
Key event information
- Bump in date: Friday, 17 July 2020
- Trading dates/times: Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 July 2020 from 10am – 5pm daily
- Bump-out dates: From 6pm (approx.*), Sunday, 19 July 2020
Please note that stallholders must be able to bump-in, trade and bump-out according to these dates/times.
* please note bump-out time can vary depending on when it is safe to re-open Little Stanley Street.
Stallholder Selection Criteria
Applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to determine the suitability of all products. The selection criteria for 2020 are as follows:
- Produce and products must be grown in Queensland, or made in Queensland using Queensland produce. This includes fresh produce for sale/sampling and edible products for sale/sampling.
- Suitability of products – high quality, appropriate and suitable price point of products for Regional Flavours visitors as determined by event organisers.
- Products/produce must be sold on site by the actual growers or food business owners.
- Products designed for immediate consumption must not be the primary focus of the stall’s product offering, but should support the sampling and sale of products/produce to be taken home.
- Stallholders must demonstrate a commitment to sustainable environmental practices and eco-friendly products (e.g., compostable serveware must be used).
- Demonstrated capacity to meet demand for product sampling/sales for each day of the two-day event.
- Experience participating at similar events including being compliant of on-site guidelines such as stall presentation, safety (stallholder staff and the general public) and waste management.
- To ensure balanced product representation across the Regional Flavours Marketplace and due to the limited number of stall spaces available, event organisers may limit the number of offering similar products or falling within the same product category. This means that certain product areas will be hotly contested so ensure your application really tells us why your products should be in the Marketplace over others that may be similar.
- Requested stall sizes, power requirements, and other requests, such as stall location will be considered, but ultimately are determined by a broad range of factors which are at the sole discretion of event organisers.
- Stallholders offering products/produce that showcases a current food trend will be highly regarded.
- Stallholders are permitted to sell edible items to be taken home as well as provide free tasting samples. Products designed for immediate consumption on site will be assessed on an individual basis against offerings from established traders within the South Bank precinct. Acceptance will be at the sole discretion of the event organisers.
- Please note that participation in previous Regional Flavours events does not guarantee selection in 2020. The Regional Flavours Marketplace is curated with the most suitable stallholders under the selection criteria for that year. Stallholders must address the Stallholder Selection Criteria and ensure they can provide high quality product offerings to be considered.
- The presentation of each stall is fundamental to the overall operation and presentation of the Regional Flavours Marketplace. It is important that stallholders dress their stalls to a high standard (in line with the Styling Guideline which will be provided upon acceptance to Regional Flavours).
- Due to the high number of applications received and limited number of available spaces, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate everyone that applies to be part of the Regional Flavours Marketplace. The selection decision made by the Selection Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants.
- Food trucks that sell ready to eat food, where the primary intention is to consume immediately, will not be permitted.
Photography and Videography
A condition of participating in the Regional Flavours Marketplace is that all vendors and staff must agree to their likeness being captured by promotional videography and photography by City Parklands Services throughout the event.
A full release form will be supplied to successful applicants and participation is mandatory to be involved in the event.
How do I apply?
Stallholder applications are now open, closing on Friday 21 February, 2020. All applications will be assessed against the stallholder selection criteria and successful applicants will be notified by Friday 13 March, 2020.
For additional information regarding participating as a stallholder at Regional Flavours 2020, please visit our FAQ page.
If you have any questions during your application process, please contact event organisers at email@example.com
Application form – apply now!
To submit your application, complete the stallholder application form now.